Re: SeLinux and mail relaying

David G. Miller wrote:
redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There's no local.te in my system. I'm running FC5. Also, there is no such rpm or anything similar in the yum repositories. Yes, audit2allow gave me the rules to add, two of them indeed. The problem now is where to add them. Any idea?
Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.
EJ

I did some googling and it looks like Red Hat/Fedora has changed the way they package the SELinux ruleset source for FC5. It looks like you need the source RPM for selinux-policy-targeted instead of how they packaged things for FC4 and earlier with a separate package called selinux-policy-targeted-sources. I guess it makes sense to just move the source to the source RPM instead of having a separate "sources" package; just confusing for those of us who got used to doing things the other way.

Here's a link to the source RPM but you should also be able to get it just using your favorite flavor of yum.

ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/SRPMS/selinux-policy-2.2.38-1.fc5.src.rpm

This file contains:

[dave@bend ~/rpm]# rpm -qlp selinux-policy-2.2.38-1.fc5.src.rpm
Makefile.devel
booleans-mls.conf
booleans-strict.conf
booleans-targeted.conf
modules-mls.conf
modules-strict.conf
modules-targeted.conf
policy-20060505.patch
policygentool
selinux-policy.spec
serefpolicy-2.2.38.tgz
setrans-mls.conf
setrans-strict.conf
setrans-targeted.conf

I'm *guessing* you'll need to unpack serefpolicy-2.2.38.tgz in an appropriate location and then add the local policy rules as I described earlier. Hopefully, the link from one of the other responses will provide enough information about how to make a custom policy for FC5 although "policygentool" sounds like a likely suspect.

You don't need anything particularly complicated to do local policy changes in FC5 (it's much easier than in FC4 IMHO).

See:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/LoadableModules/Audit2allow
for example.

However, given that the OP's system is not delivering mail from cron, which is a pretty basic operation, I think the problem is one with the existing policy or with labelling rather than something that should just be allowed by local policy. I can't help much myself because I use sendmail and postfix is a mystery to me. That is why I referred the OP to fedora-selinux-list. The list is relatively quiet at weekends but might get more helpful soon.

Paul.