automount error

Hi all,

I've having an automount error.  I found there are many error log (see below) in /var/log/messages

Jul  9 22:02:18 localhost automount[2668]: lookup(program): lookup for sf failed
Jul  9 22:02:18 localhost automount[2668]: failed to mount /net/sf
Jul  9 22:02:18 localhost automount[2674]: >> /usr/sbin/showmount: can't get address for sf

Background
----------
- fc5 x86_64
- Tomcat 5.5.17
- Apache 2.2.2
- jdk 1.5.0_05-b05
- Netatalk-2.0.3-5.fc5 (x86_64 version)
- Samba 3.0.22-1.fc5 (x86_64 version)

My findings
-----------
1. When "tail -f /var/log/messages", this error message does NOT appear when:
    - just started the Linux box
    - access default main web page in Tomcat
    - access example servlets in Tomcat
    - access smbd
    - access mysqld
    - access httpd
    - command line execute Java and DB

2. But it OCCURS when:
    - access my web app (a servlet) in Tomcat connecting to DB

3. Even there are such automount error, the web app program is running correctly.

4. The same web app (a servlet) is also deployed in my another box running FC4, and there is NO automount error.

5. I've compared the following config files under FC4 and FC5 and found that they are the same:
   - /etc/auto.master,
   - /etc/auto.misc,
   - /etc/auto.net, and
   - /etc/auto.smb

6. I did NOT configured any automount settings in java, tomcat, samba, JK, apache, netatalk, etc.

7. The FC5 machine is running in local LAN not accessible by Internet, and with strong iptables settings, so the chance of being hacked into is minimal.

8. Apart from this automount error, the whole FC5 box seems working fine.

9. I've searched forums and mailing lists on Internet, but couldn't find any solution or pointers.

10. The directory "/net" does exist, but is an empty directory, there is NO "/net/sf" directory.

11. In the web app I wrote, I do have a library file "cglib-2.1.3.jar", which path inside the jar file is "/net/sf/...", here sf stands for sourceforge.

After trying a few days, I believe it is not related to java, or Tomcat, but I really have no other clues.

Any hints or pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Best Regards,
Phineas Fung