Re: Where can I find this firmware file?

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 08:44 -0600, David G. Miller wrote:
> Patrick <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >I'm aware of the new bcm43xx module/driver and I have tried to make it
> >work. The problem I'm having is more with wpa_supplicant and
> >NetworkManager than the kernel module although the kernel module could
> >use some improvements. Afaik the folks working on it are making great
> >progress so I guess a little patience is the name of the game.
> >
> Can you describe in more detail what you're running into (e.g., dmesg
> output)?  Unfortunately, I probably don't have a solution but I'm
> running into a problem with bcm43xx timing out when it tries to
> authenticate to my WAP and then it complains when the authentication
> arrives after the timeout and it isn't expected.  I need to fire up my
> laptop, grab the latest kernel and confirm that this behavior hasn't
> changes but this is what I saw with the 2139 kernel.

Sorry don't have any logs available. I've given up on it for now and
will wait for FC6T2 and see if it goes away (and make resume work on the
laptop too). Afaict 2145 has the issue too both with ndiswrapper and
bcm43xx. Although when using ndiswrapper to authenticate to my AP it
fails because ndiswrapper is asked to change the frequency which is not
supported.

Regards,
Patrick