Re: Where can I find this firmware file?

Patrick wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 11:11 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
[snip]
Am I upset?, yes. Apparently support for ndiswrapper has been removed,

Removed from what? I have ndiswrapper running fine on my FC5 laptop with
that crappy Broadcom radio. Came straight from the rpm.livna.org
with "yum install ndiswrapper". If it is not available for
FC4 I guess you could download the latest SRPM from that site and
rebuild it yourself.

Regards,
Patrick

In FC5, they've a new version of the driver in the latest kernels now, and we are supposed to be able to make it work with the help of this bcm43xx-fwcutter utility, so there are apparently no new kmod-ndiswrapper modules for the newer kernels being made. Hasn't been one since 2133 TBE.

I followed the procedure thats supposed to make it work, but all I got for my trouble was a lockup, complete and total, and it cost me several hours and a boot to the ubuntu live cd to effect a transfer back to an external radio via an ethernet cable. I keep waiting, and running yumex 2-3x a day, hoping we'll get a new kmod-ntfs for the last 2 kernels, but as of this morning, zip, nada, nothing.

--
Cheers, Gene