Re: Why I see certain messages from mailing list not ordered corectly by thread

Marcelo Magno T. Sales
>> And about non-related messages appearing in a thread, this often happens when
>> a subscriber creates a new thread by replying to an existing one and changing
>> the subject of the message. Some people do this to avoid typing the list
>> address in the "to:" field when sending messages to the list. However, the
>> above mentioned "in-reply-to" field in the message header will keep track of
>> the original message and the "new" message will appear in the existing
>> thread.

Anyone who does that also does themselves a disservice.  Many of us will
ignore certain threads for various reasons.  Some *other* message buried
in the middle of it will get ignored, too.

Ambrogio:
> I thougth that on a list about fedora (a linux distros) everyone use a
> Linux client for mails :-)

Well, some will do mail from work, some will be using another PC trying
to resolve a problem on their Linux box, etc.  I can see why mail may be
that way (on a non-Linux system).  Personally, I've found some better
mail programs on the evil empire's platform, but using their OS is too
much of a burden to put up with doing so.

> And that eveyone know how mailing-list are to be used.

I see ample evidence to the contrary, including in those who create mail
clients and mailing lists, and people who don't want to know, either.
That's an unfortunate aspect to it.

I read messages from the public lists.