Re: Removing Grub

Andrew Wood wrote:
Hi all,

I have a dual boot conferation at the moment: XP on C:, Fedora 4 on the other.

I'd like to remove the GRUB boot loader from C: so that it simply boots into XP - as it did before I install GRUB. Then I'll replace this drive with another larger disk on C:, and transfer the old C: disk to another computer for use as a windows only machine.

Without re-installing XP on C: how do I go about doing that?

Andrew

Note, you may have problems moving the drive to another computer due to Windows hardware checks. You may have to re-activate it if there is enough hardware changes.

Also, your license for XP may not allow moving it to another computer. Some Windows licenses are for the hardware that Windows came with.

--
Robin Laing