Re: fc2 upgrade to fc5

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:41:29PM -0500, Jonathan Carpenter wrote:
> I have an old fc2 server that is in production running
> sendmail,dhcpd,webmin,webmail I am wanting to upgrade to fc5 but I am afraid
> this may cause problems. Has there been any problems with any upgrade like
> this?

It is likely to result in some cruft. You can probably clean it up manually.
However, I generally find that it's easier and faster to do clean installs
and reconfigure in cases like this. (If your data isn't safely on its own
partition making this easy, when you reinstall, make it that way, so that
next time it *is* easy.)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>