Re: I have a monitor and/or video card problem on FC5

Jack Gates wrote:
I have been running FC2 since it was initially released. Only now have I decided to upgrade to FC5. I was new to Linux when I set up FC2. I have not set up or upgraded to a new OS since that time. I am still a newbee to setting up and configuring Linux and Fedora.

I cannot get the GUI to display. The system boots up at the command prompt and asks for the login at the same.

I have a ViewSonic VG800 monitor and an ATI 9600 Pro video card. The mother board is an ABIT IS7

The installation could only be done using "linux text", I figured then I was going to have a problem with the GUI.
Using text mode to install will cause the installer to ASSUME you want run mode 3 when you boot. All is well. Just edit /etc/inittab and change the default run level to 5 and you will return to 'normal' operation.