Re: .promailrc help

Phil wrote:
I have procmail installed and working with fetchmail.
There is only one problem...

If I have more than one email in the To: or CC: fileds and both these email
addrresses are supposed to go to two different folders... they do not...
both email go to the same folder...

How do I setup .procmailrc so that it parses the entire To: or CC: fileds
first before moving them to a directory?

In the example below if an email has both support and user1 in CC: or To:
fileds I will get two emails in the support directory....however if there is
only one email address in the To: or CC: fileds the emails will go to the
appropriate directory... any help would be great.

Here is my .procmailrc file

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
#VERBOSE=yes

:0
* ^From:.*postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
/dev/null

:0
* ^TOsupport@
$MAILDIR/support

:0
* ^TOuser1@
$MAILDIR/friends

Both of these last two recipes are "delivering" recipes, which means that procmail stops processing the mail when it matches one of them.

What you could do would be to add the "c" flag to each recipe (":0 c"), which would mean that the mail was copied for the purposes of those recipes and processing would continue even if either or both of those were matched.

Of course, you would then find that mail for either or both of these addresses went on to be processed by any further recipes in your procmailrc (so it would get delivered to the default mailbox as well by default). You'd need to add another recipe to prevent that if that's not what you wanted.

Paul.