Re: What to do when a command isn't found?

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 16:36 -0400, starcycle@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> i was logging in through ssh. but the problem was not using the dash.
> all workie now. see what i mean about difficult for newbies? :D

I think some people make that a bigger issue than it really is.  You try
it, it doesn't work, you ask or read about why, you find out, the you
know about it.  If you can't manage that, there's going to be a lot more
about computing that's going to stump you.

*ix isn't the only thing that restricts ordinary users, Windows does
too.  Unfortunately more people learn to use the system improperly than
properly, and make a mess of it.  We go in the other direction.  I know
which is better, for all those who can't come to terms with it, they're
free to use the inferior system.

I read messages from the public lists.