Re: ntfs support

Scott R. Godin wrote:

> aha! (makes mental note that livna has a kmod_ntfs)
>
> that sounds FAR more likely.
>
> Christian, if this is what's going on, reboot temporarily to the former
> kernel if/when you need NTFS, until the livna repo catches up with a
> fresh build for the new kernel.
>
> (which strikes me as odd that it didn't complain when updating just the
> one and not the other, considering they are so dependant on particular
> versions of kernel)

I think it is because the kernel does not depend on the kmod_ntfs
module to work, but the kmod_ntfs module depends on the correct
version of the kernel being installed. You still have the older
version of the kernel, and kmod_ntfs installed. I run into this and
the ipw3945 module when ever a new kernel is released. As soon as
the modules are available, they show up in my update list. Because
most people have more then one kernel, and the modules that go with
them, installed at the same time, they are treated somewhat
differently then other RPMs.

Mikkel