Re: FC5: Wireless and 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5 using ipw2200

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 04:36:47PM +0930, dpet wrote:
>   I have set up the wireless as eth1. It seems to start normally, and I
> can ping the router. However, after a while it becomes unavailable.
> When I do a iwlist scan it also produces the following:
>

> Warning: Driver for device eth1 has been compiled with version 20
> of Wireless Extension, while this program supports up to version 19.
> Some things may be broken...
>
> Could this be my problem? I don't know what "driver " it refers to, or
> what I should do to fix it.

I get exactly the same message, and my ipw works just fine and
dandy. So I don't think that's your problem.

> I believe I am using v3 firmware.  Any suggestions about this problem?

You are. The driver is picky about the firmware version, and refuses
to run if it doesn't find the version it wants.

For more information, check your log file, /var/log/messages. Search
on ipw2200. E.g:

grep ipw2200 /var/log/messages