Re: Skype Handset

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 10:13 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

Yes, the last mile is important but they are not permitted to block that
at this point in time.

They also filter your email "to stop virus etc" and there is no way to opt out except to have everyone use a special address (change the verizon in my address to verizononline) to send me an email that supposedly bypasses this filtering. When I tried to sign up for wengophone, I wanted to do that, but there was no way they (wengophone) would accept an email address that didn't match the one in the headers of the message they received. So I'm screwed & didn't even get kissed.

So get a free mailbox at gmail.com or a similar service and use that
address when conversing with competitors.

I have one, but how the hell do I use it to send a message unless I use a webmail agent? I've not found one of them I could tolerate yet.

--
Cheers, Gene