Re: OpenOffice 2.0.3

Smith, Herb wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry if I'm still a bit confused about the options on this.

I downloaded the rpm's from OOo and did an rpm -Uvh openoffice*.rpm and
it seemed to go well until I tried to run it.  It gave me a message
about not finding an acceptable windowing environment or something.  I
noticed that it installed in /opt/openoffice   whereas the FC5 package
was is /usr/lib.  At this point the FC5 package would no longer start
from the task bar.  It would start from the command line, but seemed to
have lost it's file import filters.

If one wanted to install the latest from OOo, what's the correct process
to make it work properly?  Is there a way to control where it installs?
Do I want to control that, or not? I haven't had a lot of experience
with rpm.

Thanks in advance.

Herb

I saw this after I replied the first time. Read this setup guide as it explains the whole installation process. Including the install directory.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/2.x/en/SETUP_GUIDE.pdf

--
Robin Laing