Re: Command argument --no-exec-shield

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 11:13:26PM -0700, Joe Conway wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 09:11:07PM -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a command that has an argument "--no-exec-shield"?
> > > I'm trying to help someone over at Fedoraforum.org, and every time he
> > > launches a terminal, he says he gets an error message:
> > >
> > > bash:--no-exec-shield: command not found
> >
> >Check .bashrc ?
> >
> > > I know what exec-shield is, but I'm not aware of a command outside of
> > > sysctl that would attempt to turn it off, and I can't think of a good
> > > reason why anything would try to turn it off.
>
> man prelink

Thanks.  Could a mangled prelink command finding its way into a file cause
this error?  The fellow reports the error appeared following a failed
kernel update.

On two different FC5 machines of mine, prelink -p shows nothing, even though
the manpage indicates it should print the contents of prelink.cache.  Should
it?