Re: yelp: error while loading shared libraries

Paul Howarth wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 06:51 +0200, jakubi wrote:
I have just updated mozilla:

# rpm -q mozilla
mozilla-1.7.13-1.1.fc4

and got yelp work again:

# yelp --version
Gnome yelp 2.10.0

Yet, I do not know either what could have broken it or how it was repaired. Could someone here explain?

Have you at any time used the --nodeps or --force options to rpm?

yelp has an explicit dependency on mozilla >= 1.7.13 and it should not
have been possible to install that version of yelp without a suitable
version of mozilla to accompany it.

Paul.

Confirming that removing mozilla removes yelp. Installing yelp pulls in mozilla still with current development.

This may change soo since mozilla should soon be removed from core (FC7 or so)

Short thread; (leads to dev thread)

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-July/msg00050.html

Jim

--
"We don't care.  We don't have to.  We're the Phone Company."