Re: FC5 & Dell 2007FPW - Anybody got widescreen?

Anybody managed to get 1680x1050 as an available resolution in
'gnome-display-properties' ?

I have a Dell 2005FPW running at full 1680x1050 resolution running
under FC5 (it is using the D-SUB adapter not the DVI one, if that
matters to you).  When I first installed FC5 I had problems getting it
to work at the high resolution. Xorg would start and seem to be
running fine, but nothing would be displayed and the log files helped
none either.  In the end I had to use a tool to generate a Modeline
for my machine specifically.
Sadly I cannot remember what the tool was for the life of me (if
anyone can help it was a simple X tool that had sliders so you could
tinker with it until you had the settings correct, then you had to
match all the numbers with the correct spot in the modeline).

I'm running an intel 945G graphics chip and all I get is 1600x1200 with
no widescreen options.

I am running on a nVidia GeForce 4 Go (or something of the sort), but
if the card can do 1680x1050 there should be no reason to think the
monitor + card combo would mess things up.

If anybody knows the magic xorg.conf hack I'd be very happy to hear it.

Perhaps post the error log from X (if there is one) and the xorg.conf file.

--michael