Re: FC4 and FC5 smp version

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Is it planned to continue smp kernel builds for FC4 and FC5? I saw that there
> are only single proc kernels for the moment. I have therefore big problems on
> my 4xOpteron dual core server running FC4.
> All load is concentrated to 1 processor, others are idleing.

I think you may be confused by the naming. FC5 x86-64 kernels are *all*
SMP, so there's no need for "smp" in the name.

(Consider the way the FC1 2.4 kernels had "nptl" in their name, since
Red Hat backported the NPTL support from 2.5. All 2.6-based kernels have
support for NPTL, so there's no point putting it in the kernel name).

As for your big server, what is it running? Is the program
multi-threaded?

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the