Re: Use of Cups printing in a home network.

Anne Wilson wrote:

> FWIW, I set this up before I read the conventional wisdom that one should
> not
> mix cups configuration and system-config-printer.  I used both tools, and
> have had no problems.  HTH

You are very lucky.
CUPS is great when it is working.
When it is not working it is a nightmare.
The Fedora tools (like system-config-printer) don't work properly,
and the CUPS documentation was written by cyborgs.

Incidentally, you didn't mention /etc/cups/printers.conf .
I have the line
DeviceURI ipp://alfred:631/printers/lj
in printers.conf on my laptop.
(My desktop, to which the printer is attached, is called "alfred".)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366