Re: 100% disk space on boot is in use?

On 7/1/06, Markku Kolkka <markkuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 you can't split a VG that contains only a single physical
volume.
I set up my 160GB disk with 4 physical volumes so that I could
shrink the VG size to create non-partitioned space if necessary.

I know, that LVM is good for large systems. For home use as in my case, there is no reason to be involved with it, because nowadays hard disk space is cheep. Only in the case one collects large set of  sound and video files, the costs could be reasonable. In the case of Fedora there is some reason may it be LVM or something else, which makes installing Fedora hazardous. I'm not the only one who has gotten his computer completely confused in an attempt to install Fedora.

Any case, after all kind advice I have here received, it seems to me, that instead of trying to modify my recent Fedora installation I must try again installing it on a single partition (40 GB). Or to create a  separate 500 MB partition for /boot and  10 GB for /home and 1 GB for /swap and 30 GB for /.

The problem is, that I hoped to be able to do all that while installing Fedora, will try that again next time. May be I could create those partitions with some liveCD-Linux (Puppy, Knoppix ...) so they will be ready on hdb when I start installing Fedora. Is there any command line tool for that I will probably find in liveCD-Linux?