Re: developing using the firefox engine

On 01/07/06, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi...

i've been trying (unsuccessfully) to parse/process html files. i'm almost
certain that the issue has to do with the fact that the html is not valaid
html.. running the html through various apps "tidy/html validator/etc..."
complain with warnings.

I have been having a similar problem with html, though this time the
guilty party is mshtml. That piece of dog vomit *can not be made* to
produce xhtml!!! I get the pseudo-html from mshtml, run it through
sgmlreader+converter class and get (x)html out. I can then parse +
process the file with standard xml/xsl tools. It took me an age to
find good things for .net though - you shouldn't have nearly as many
problems on linux/fedora.
I suggest you pass it through tidy and get xhtml out. It may give you
some junk but you don't really have many other options...
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.