RE: SSH

If the server you're connecting to is an SSH1 server, you're going to
have to enable SSH1 on your FC5 client.  Or if you have control over
the server you're connecting to, change the settings or update the SSH
software to allow SSH2 connections.

One thing I find helpful when I'm troubleshooting ssh is connecting
with
   $ ssh -v some_host

The "-v" is for verbose mode.  You can get more information with "-vv"
and even more with "-vvv".

One thing you'll be able to do is to see if your connecting and
getting rejected by the server (which means it's not a firewall
problem) or whether you're not connecting at all (could be a firewall
problem, either on your end or theirs).

Indications are that it's not a firewall problem since you were able
to use telnet to connect to port 22 on the remote server.
   === Al