Re: Stinkin' little cheapo vid cams

On 7/2/06, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, I know, I bought the cheapest thing on the shelf figuring that it
should work since they've been around for 8-10 years. I know, I know.
<g>

I've cruised the google lane and found several sites that tossed you
into a dnload site with a pile of files... is there a linux guru that
could make a short file, in English, on how to actually make the darn
things work? This one is a Micro CM10401 (WalMart, kill me now)

Thank you for any considerations due to my:
1.) Stupidity

I doubt

2.) advancing years

Ahh, wisdom and patience

3.) stupidity

Still doubt

4.) sore left foot

Okayyy then

5.) stupidity

We'll see

Ric

1) Download and install the RPM package 'usbutils' the following
command as root should do it: `yum install usbutils`

2) Reply with output of `lsusb -v` as root (the purpose of output is
to help determine actual chipset in camera

Hopefully, being  a "cheap" camera it will have a fairly
popular/generic and supported chipset

From there, other more knowledgeable than myself, or I will assit further

--
To be updated...