Mouse pointer missing in FC5

Hope someone might have a suggestion for me.  I've just done installs of FC5
on two identical machines.  The mice on both work fine throughout the
install, and work fine during graphical boot.  However, once X has loaded
the mouse pointer disappears.  The mouse is still working at that point
though, if you move the "pretend" pointer up to the top of the screen you
can hover menus, pull down menus, and select menu items.  Needless to say
selecting items that are not at the edges of the screen involves a bit more
guesswork.

I'm sure in some alternate reality there is a linux user trying to figure
out why he has two mouse pointers on his screen... any suggestions on how I
can make the magical mystical mouse pointer come back to this reality where
it is wanted and needed :-)

Thanks,