Re: pam_mount causing gdm problems[Scanned]

Dipti Ranjan Tarai wrote:
I don't 'v much more idea still I can suggest If u r using "hard mount" option then such problem "ll arise. Try it with "soft mount" option.

Chris Bradford wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get pam_mount working to mount shares on user logon. The process works fine, but when a user logs off and then another user logs in gdm fails to load. All I get is a black background and a mouse pointer which does move. The system will sit there indefinitely like this. If I reboot a new user can log in.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Many thanks,

-Chris

How can I change it to soft mount? Maybe I'm missing something in the pam_mount.conf but I cannot see hard / soft mentioned anywhere.

Many thanks,

-Chris