Re: GNOME won't boot

I just woke up from bed and I'm ready.

> To Gordon Messmer,

I typed in ldd /usr/libexec/gconfd-2 as you said above and it brought down a list:

linux-gate.so.1
libgconf-2.so.4
libobject-2.0.so.0
libORBit-2.so.0
libm.so.6
libgmodule-2.0.s0.0
libdl.so.2
libgthread-2.0.so.0
libglib-2.0.so.0
libpthread.so.0
libc.so.6
libpopt.so.0
/lib/ld-linux.so.2

^ I got the above list. I'm not sure if it's missing a library or not. I also tried running gconfd-2, but I don't know how. Here is what I tried to do to run gconfd-2. I got into the directory /usrlibexec and typed in gconfd-2 but it said command not found. Maybe it can run it's just that I don't know the syntax command for it.

> To Todd Zullinger,

So libglade is not part of Glade Interface Designer and that it needs gnome to function properly? Holy crap........I think I DID uninstall it. On my previous post, I forgot to include the following command to uninstall glade interface designer's files. Here is a description of what I would do to uninstall rpm files.

rpm -e asdf
or
rpm -e --nodeps asdf

^ As you see above, that's what I would do to uninstall rpm files. But again, I'm pretty sure that I uninstalled libglade-2.0.so.0 because I can't find it anywhere on my computer. I uninstalled it because I thought libglade was apart of glade interface and that it had the word "Glade" in it, yea sounds stupid that's why I uninstalled it.

I also did remember seeing about 100 dependencies when I tried to uninstall some files from glade interface. When I saw those 100 dependency files, I knew that I couldn't remove them and so I forced that file to be uninstalled and leaving out the dependency files and I did it with the following command:

rpm -e --nodeps libglade-2.0.so.0

> To Jim Cornette,

You said libglade provides a library for system-confg-securitylevel. Yea that's what I thought too. I'm pretty sure I delete libglade and libglade2 because I tried to search for it with the following command:

$ rpm -qV libglade
$ rpm -qV libglade2

^ I typed the above and got nothing. Here is what I got when I typed in the following:

$ rpm -qa | grep -i libglade

^ After typing the above command, I recieved the following files:

libglade2-devel-2.5.1-2
pygtk2-libglade-2.6.0-2

The above list is what I got.

and yes I read through the files from the official website, I researched on what files the programs contain then that's when I uninstall them. I thought I had all the information that I had to uninstall Glade Interface Designer, but I guess not this time.

You suggested that I should reinstall libglade? I think that will be a good idea. I wouldn't want to do a fresh installment because then I would have to setup the internet and stuff and configure everything again which is a major headache.

As of this moment, the only thing I'm trying to do is reinstalling libglade, but not sure how to. My internet light(router) is on but I'm not logged in so I can't download any files online. Is there any way to get back libglade?

I hope I followed up on all of your responses, if I missed out on something please let me know.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=96971&topic_id=23242&forum=23#forumpost96971