Re: xinetd and selinux issues

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 17:13 -0400, Al Freundorfer wrote:
> I set up xinetd to allow certian sites to connect to the server
> thru /etc/xinetd.d/ssh.
> It works perfectly when I set selinux to permissive, but doesn't work when set
> to enforcing even though I have the box checked in system-config-security
> under selinux tab to allow ssh connection through inetd.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

Change back to permissive:

# setenforce 0

Make a note of the exact time.

Then try out a connection (which should work since you're in permissive
mode).

Then look in your /var/log/messages or /var/log/audit/audit.log (if you
have one) for messages containing "type=AVC" after the time you did the
"setenforce". Post back here any that you find.

Paul.