Re: 100% disk space on boot is in use?

Il giorno gio, 29/06/2006 alle 18.33 +0300, Heikki Pesonen ha scritto:
> hda and sda are used by Windows, except hda1 which is a souvenir from
> my last trip to Fedora Core world , what to do with hda1?
Where is your boot partition?
It's in hda1 (LVM)? Maybe that LVM can be expanded. You can post the
output of vgdisplay -v?

> hdb is a large disk 160 GB and allocated for Linuxes. There were some
> partitions which I had thought for Fedora's use. Unfortunately I was
> frighten while installing Fedora because I remember the previous
> Fedora installation. I did not find the way to get partition manager
> to do what I wanted so I gave all hdb to Fedora. The installation
> seemed to proceed well, but after it I could not start neither Fedora
> nor Windows. Fortunately I could repair Windows installation and also
> the Grub, thanks to good advice from different countries.
>
> I know, that LVM makes me possible to change logical volumes but not
> just the one were /boot is residing. I am not very keen on installing
> Fedora again, but is there any other possibility?
The boot filesystem can be expanded for example by booting from a live
cd. If you have free space on LV.

> Is it possible to repartition hdb in Fedora so that I could install an
> other distro also to hdb?
You want not to loss data?
In this case it's possible, but you have to change filesystem size and
LV to shrink it, if you don't have free space on VG.
With vgdisplay -v we can see if you can or not

Bye
 Ambrogio