Re: booting Fedora without the GUI

Abid Ghufran wrote:
I am using Vmware for hosting 3 Fedora Hosts. I want to configure my Fedora system so that when it boots I only get the CLI. Basically my machine has slowed down and I dont want to over-burden it with the GUI. I can do all my work without the GUI. What should I do?

Edit /etc/inittab and change:
id:5:initdefault:
id:3:initdefault:

If you want to get rid of the graphics during boot too, edit /etc/sysconfig/init and change:
GRAPHICAL=yes
GRAPHICAL=no

Michael