Re: several discrepancies with new -2139 kernel.

On 6/27/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, got the update.  Since this doesn't have a floppy, I assume I burn
it to a cd-r & reboot to winblows.  Then what?  Or is it

Sure, a CD-R should work just fine.  The file is an executable, right?
(.exe extension)  Once in Windows you just run it (double click the
file icon).  Follow any prompts it might give.

self-explanatory once I'm in winblows?  And I don't think I've ever
setup a mail suck in XP so thats probably not an adequate solution.  I

Do you have a webmail account of some type?  I can send you a Gmail
invite if you want :).

am not by choice a winderz user, going straight from amigados-3.9 to
linux almost a decade ago.  I've also not seen the utility in a usb key
fob either, till now.  Can a suitable unit be suggested that might be
available at wally world?

They are quite handy for moving files around, backup of important
things, etc.  You should be able to find a 1 GB stick for about $30
now (on-sale, after all rebates and stuff).  My PNY Attache works
great, but generally you shouldn't have a problem with any USB drive.
Be wary of the ones that have security stuff in them; usually such
features use Windows-only software.  Wal-Mart might not have the best
price, you might do better with some place like CompUSA, BestBuy, etc.

Jonathan