Re: Spam Filter

From: "Aaron Konstam" <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 16:35 +0930, Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:28 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I might as well get this off my chest there is one member of this list
> that sends me responses to my list messages at my actual address as the
> primary address but does not allow his e-mail address to accept mail.

Most likely me.  As I've told people before, if you don't want private
messages, don't ask for them with the reply-to header.  It means send
you a reply, it doesn't mean that I can *choose* to send me a reply.
The reply-to header is an overriding instruction, not an option.
Though, in this case, I've wiped it out.

You're misusing reply-to, you get to reap the consequences for it.
I wish we could discuss this off list but you have made that impossible.
What I ma asking you to do is to use the reply to list feature of your
email program. It does have one does it not? Somehow when I reply to a list post the post goes only to the list. Why
doesn't your replies do that?

What's interesting here is that the FC4 list gives about half the
messages two addresses in the "Reply-to:" field. The other half
have only the list as the "Reply-to:" field. I am not sure what
causes this.

{^_^}