FC5 fails on HP Proliant ML110

Hi All,

I'm trying to load FC5 on an HP Proliant ML110.  The installation seems
to work fine until it tries to re-boot ready for the second stage of the
installation stuff (users, timezone, etc).  It simply says:

   GRUB Loading state2..

and sits there permanently.  I have tried booting from the FC5 rescue CD,
which works just fine, and everything looks normal.  The HP has two SATA
80Gb drives, and the installation process loaded the SMP kernel although
hyperthreading is turned off in the BIOS.

Any ideas how to move forward ?

Jonathan