Sendmail + SASL2

This may be OT, but I'm going to try anyway... I have an old server which originally had SASL installed on it and sendmail compiled/configured to use (PLAIN LOGIN) authentication (NOT SASL). That server also uses NIS to get the user account information from another machine. Everything works.

Now, I'm trying to move everything to a new server which has SASL2 installed. I configured sendmail to use SASL2, and the machine is also using NIS like the old one. The problem now is that it's requiring me to actually use the sasldb file and set up the users individually. I didn't have to do that on the old machine. It authenticated against the password file (which was being imported by NIS.) But I can't figure out why it won't work on the new one. All the config files are the same, all the sendmail files are configured the same. So why is it forcing me to use the sasldb?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130