Re: System date resetting when rebooting (FC4) (SOLVED)

Robin Laing wrote:

Stéphane Bruno wrote:

Robin Laing wrote:

man hwclock

hwclock is what I used in the past.

Can also be used to test if talking to the hardware clock.

I tried to use hwclock to set the hardware clock to the system time, here's the error I receive:

"select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out"

It is the same error I receive when booting and shutting down, when the system tries to synchronize the hardware clock to the current date.

I repeat that this is happening to three Pentium 4 DELL PowerEdge servers (two different models, tower and rackmount)

Please. help

Stéphane

At least to me, this confirms that the kernel is not able to talk to the rtc. I would be looking at BIOS settings. This is beyond my experiences.

A quick search showed that this problem isn't only in Fedora but Debian as well. One suggestion was to turn acpi=off.

I turned acpi off and it worked. Thanks !!!

Stéphane