Re: Locked up again! What can I check- I'm on another box

On Sat June 17 2006 12:40 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks, Dan. My dirves are IDE but I will check the cables
> nonetheless. It just lovked up on me again: FF, Konqi, and
> Konsole were all open, and I had just began a yum update. It
> didn't get too far, so I'm not worried.

Dotan: As mentioned previously, check your drive jumpers. If you
don't know how, ask - this problem you're describing sounds a
lot like mis-jumpered drive scenarios I've encountered in the
past. Mis-jumpered drives sometimes _can_ work, but performance
_can_ be very erratic -  I''ve encountered many variations on
the mis-jumpered drive theme and performance is not always
predictable.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA