Re: LogRotate Doesn't

Jeff Vian wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 10:49 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
Here's part of the debugging output with force:

log needs rotating
rotating log /var/log/messages, log->rotateCount is 7

So you are not using the default logrotate options in Fedora?
The default is 4 saved versions.
Logrotate is run by cron, with the script in /etc/cron.daily and the
config files are /etc/logrotate.conf and in /etc/logrotate.d.
I had an issue in FC5 test 2 or 3 where the logrotate install/upgrade did not completely run its post scripts; I forget now, but this left logrotate to not work. This was traced back to a faulty user entry for either the crond or logrotate install, which meant that the rpm install scripts had not completed.

An rpm -V vixie-cron logrotate will verify the rpm installation, just in case. My full FC5 install is rotating logs properly.

DaveT.