Re: Failed installs of RSS reader

Trond Danielsen wrote:
On 6/14/06, Losito Nicola <n.losito@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il giorno mar, 13/06/2006 alle 20.24 +0100, Ollie Killingback ha
scritto:
> I have been resisting using KDE in Fedora, altho' I used it with Mepis
> and indeed Akregator was what got me hooked on RSS.  I'll have to bite
> the bullet.

Ollie, why don't you try launching an application (for example) blam!
into shell with:

[nicola@ierofante ~]$ blam &

and copy here the result ? It could be _really_ usefulf instead of
"doesn't work" ....

as for rssowl, it needs some java, and i do advice you to read Stanton
Finley or Mauriat Miranda or FedoraFAQ installing guide for the FC5
release.

RSSOwl on FC5 is compiles with gcj, and does not need Sun Java (or any
other java runtime).

ciao !

--
nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito