Re: FC4 or FC5

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Sean wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:41:49 -0700 (PDT)
BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And this may be the very reason why we can not get the drivers for our hardware
distributed with Suse anymore.

If there is no legal way around this,  Suse Desktop will be a thing of the past
for the general desktop user (e.g. home user who is not technical).

Suse and other Linux vendors will not have a snow balls chance in you
know where in competing against  MS Windows with out drivers.

This would include USB devices as well.

That's just FUD.  We're already starting to see open source drivers for 3d video
trickle in; yeah it's slow.

For what cards? I have yet to see any reasonably fast card with acceptable 3d drivers. If there is one, I would like to know about it.

--
"Waiter! This lambchop tastes like an old sock!" - Sheri Lewis