Re: FC4 or FC5

From: "Peter Gordon" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
jdow wrote:

By the way, has anybody noticed how much a license for Qt costs if
you want to get PAID for software you right? I might as well simply
get an MSDN license and develop for XP. Ditto with respect to the
RHEL costs. They cost MORE than XP in the long run.
Qt and RHEL are both Free/Open-source. You do not necessarily need to
pay any licensing fees to make money on either of them. (Though, for
RHEL, you do have to remove the trademarked artwork and stuff before
you can redistribute it, with or without charging a fee for that
copying.)

Reread the Qt license, Peter. If you have developed any software that
uses Qt in any way (ie. for KDE) you MUST purchase a commercial license
from TrollTech. And it is NOT cheap if you are a small developer.

(And with the current GPL nonsense I am STRONGLY disinclined to
perform any serious development that surrounds me with its level of
uncertainty over my legal liabilities for wanting to have bread on
my table. So I grit my teeth and develop for Windows.)

{^_^}   Joanne