Re: GDM problem: Autologin not working

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Hello everyone,

I updated to the very latest version of GDM to automatically log in to a user account. But instead of auto-logging in, the bootup does it's usual thing and then I see a black screen with a small text box that says:

Automatic login (user)
Password:

And then if I type in the password, the login proceeds as usual. Is this an "undocumented feature" of the new GDM? :-)

This is a bug pointed out earlier by an earlier poster that described the problem. You are seeing the normal GDM login screen.

Configuration for the development version of GDM is totally busted. Wait for a fixed version for FC5.

Jim

--
"If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell."
-- Jimmy Swaggart, 5/20/88