Re: Usual "forbidden items" explanation

Ed Greshko wrote:
FWIW.....

The file TrustedComputing_LAFKON_MID_theora.avi contains magic that seems to imply

TrustedComputing_LAFKON_MID_theora.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data,
AVI, 320 x 240,25.00 fps, video:, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo,
24000 Hz)

Yes, I thought I'd checked this, but I must have overlooked it - that
file is not a valid Theora video file.

The others are perfectly valid however, as is my initial assertion that
Totem is set up as the default multimedia player for filetypes that it
cannot handle, without downloading plugins that are not discussed in any
detail. E.g. I had no idea until 5 minutes ago that the search I needed
to do was for "gstreamer plugins" rather than "Totem plugins".

-
K.