Re: FC4 or FC5

bruce wrote:
given the state of things right now.. should someone use FC4 of go ahead and
go to FC5?

Totally depends on what you want to do. If you want to be absolutely bleeding edge, FC5 is for you - warts and all.

I also like that the latest versions of GNOME and Firefox and so on are in FC5. I run FC5 when I run FC at all. Normally I run RHEL though.

also, can someone who's knowlegable tell me which version of RHEL is
comparable to FC4 and/or FC5?

RHEL 4 is roughly equivalent to FC3/FC4. RHEL 5 will be similar to what you see in FC5.

Thomas