Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion

[ snip ]

I am somewhat of a newcomer to Linux and at a loss to understand the
almost fanatical support of KDE.

I can assure you, releatively speaking, support for KDE is _not_
fanatical. Possibly the opposite.

 When I was first exposed to Linux in
RH9 I found that KDE did not work consistently

and that finding was quite possibly right. I started with RH8.0 +6 Gnome myself.

and chose to use GNome.
Recently I have started to use core 5.   KDE may work well in the
current distro but I have become more familiar with GNome; apart from a
personal preference I can see no technical reason to consider one better
than the other.

That, my friend, is because you have not used both.

 I assume by the strong support from many there may be a
technical reason to support KDE over GNome, what are they.

I don't think you will see anyone answering this question. At least
not in this thread. This is just asking for a flame war.

--
To be updated...