Re: Linux software for Motorola Razor phone?

William W. Austin wrote:

> This may have been answered before, but scanning the archives, I
> haven't found it (sorry...).
>
> My wife recently surprised me with a new gsm phone, a Motorola Razor.
> I already had the USB cable which works with it (use it with my
> camcorder), but a web search for Linux software to use the phone with
> one of my Linux boxen didn't turn up anything.  Basically I want to
> synchronize the calendar and phonebooks, and be able to back up files
> from the phone to the computer (and restore).  I'm running both FC4
> and FC5 here so anything which would work with either of those would
> be great - and much apprecited.

The program I use to communicate with Motorola phones is called
moto4lin: http://moto4lin.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page .

You will probably have to compile a CVS checkout, I'm afraid...

See also http://moto4lin.sourceforge.net/wiki/Razr_V3 and
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=56253&highlight=moto4lin .

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Anonymous:          What do you think of Stainer's
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |                     "Crucifixion"?