Re: Mixing HTTPS and HTTP Virtual Hosts in Apache

I keep getting the warning message...

"[warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 443, the first has precedence" (without the quotes). I need to somehow override the default VirtualHost, any ideas?

On 6/5/06, alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Matthew Benjamin wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience in Apache creating a SSL site along with a
>> normal http website via NameVirtualHost. I am trying but it only gives the
>> default_virtual_host for the SSL site.
>
> You can't really do NameVirtualHost on https.  Apache can only do one
> certificate for https, since SSL negotiation happens before the browser tells
> the server what hostname it wants.
>
> You'll need to do traditional virtual hosts for https.

It can only do one https host per IP Address.  You can have more than one
cert, but they have to point to separate IP addresses.

--
"Waiter! This lambchop tastes like an old sock!" - Sheri Lewis