Can sendmail deliver to maildir instead of mailbox

Hi all,
I'm not proven on sendmail configuration.

I would like to configure sendmail for local delivery in maildir format
instead of mailbox.

This is because I use fetchmail as daemon, and evolution as mail reader.
Problem is that I don't use automatic recovery on evolution because I
think that this can conflict with eventualy fetching process on the same
mbox file.

Evo will remove read mail, and sendmail will add new mail. This is not
good if it appens on the same time.

If it is not possible, I can choose to change sendmail with postfix or
qmail, but I don't know how.

tnx
 Ambrogio