Re: DVD playing on Linux

Bart Couvreur wrote:
2006/5/26, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Joel Jaeggli wrote:

>> Is that a typo?  The dir should be /usr/lib/win32.  I don't know that
>> you need those codecs to play encrypted DVD's, but I always have them
>> around to play other videos anyway.

    Yes the stuff is in /usr/lib/win32/ and it's all executable.

Did you also install the libdvdread from livna?
Mostly when I encouter this I do a
# yum install libdvd*
to get all libdvd's.

This worked just fine Bart. I installed several libdvd rpm's with the libdvd-devel packages too. I had tried to get libdvdcss without any luck, the secret is the libdvd* :-)

Karl

Hope this helps,
Bart