Re: Function Keys Not Working

On 5/25/06, Lovell Mcilwain <lovell.mcilwain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone been able to figure out a way to bypass the laptop function
keys not working?  I want to be able to send my laptop vga signal to my
monitor but using fn + f8 doesn't seem to work (as well as a bunch of
the other function keys).

When I look in my messages log I only have the following:

May 25 14:38:51 Whistler kernel: video bus notify

On my Asus laptop I have to use acpi_listen to catch the events
generated by the fn-x keys. Ubuntu includes acpi scripts that handles
this, but unfortuately FC doesn't :(. But this might not solve your
problem

Trond Danielsen