bash behavior change?

Hi,

I posted this message to the list a couple of months ago but received no answer. Hope I'll get luckier this time.

Please take a look at the following lines:

"\M-[A":history-search-backward
"\M-[B":history-search-forward
"\M-[C":forward-char
"\M-[D":backward-char

I don't exactly remember where I found these, but I have been using them for quite a while. They go into /etc/inputrc and add a very nice feature to terminal windows. You type a few letters from a previously entered command and press the up/down keys. This will cycle through the command history but only display the commands that match the string you entered. It makes repeating commands a lot faster and easier.
My problem is that they worked wonderfully in FC3/FC4 but no longer do in FC5. Anyone have any clue why?

TIA,
Gabor Walter
Hungary