Re: Festival - french support or alternative

Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont) wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to find how to implement french support in Festival text to speech software.

If it's not possible, does someone know an alternative???

Regards

It should be possible but it would take quite a bit of work I am sure (done any scheme coding lately?) for that the best is to check on the festival website if there is a mailing list.

Otherwise have a look at http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola/mbrtts.html there are a couple of TTS systems that can produce output (phonemes) that can be used with MBROLA. It would be good to check them all as some are less mature than others.

Serge